Name: Samui Namida Gauss
Birthday: October 31 (Scorpio)
General Description: 5’6″ (168 cm), slight and androgynous figure. Her most striking feature is her lime green hair that she keeps very short; she also has light grey eyes that makes her look all the more unsettling.
Clothes: She’s starting to wear more feminine clothes now that she’s married, and occasionally can even be seen in long skirts, but overall most of her wardobe consists of unisex casual clothing, favoring long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and pants to better hide her tools and weapons. On the job, she wears whatever outfit best complements the disguises she uses to accomplish the task.
Myers-Briggs Type – ISFJ
Publicly, Samui is formal to the point of coldness, and nothing seems to faze her, although she occasionally lets her wit and sense of humor show through. Beneath that seemingly uncaring mask, though, Samui has a very high sense of responsibility, which means that once she’s made up her mind to do something, it’s very hard to deter her. As a result, she is very protective of the people she cares about, and for the most part even loathe to do harm unto even the worst sort of criminals. That’s probably why despite her excellent aim, Samui will not use deadly force unless it is the only available option. Samui is much freeer with her emotions around people she’s close to, but even then she’ll keep some secrets.
- Greetings/smalltalk/etc – She’ll do the standard “hello/how do you do/etc.”, but she’ll usually just get straight to the point of if she was the one seeking the other person out. Around her friends, she’s a lot more inclined to just chat and even make jokes once in a while. She won’t let someone probe deeper than what she’s comfortable with, and will draw those lines very clearly in the way she interacts.
- Hostility/violence/trouble – Samui will attempt to avoid using force whenever possible, opting instead to go for psychological intimidation. However, once she is determined to do something (defeat the challenger/protect someone/etc.), she’s a force to be reckoned with. In a bind, Samui is usually calm and collected while her mind cranks out the ways of going around it, but she will react very strongly if she feels that what’s going on may hurt the people she cares about or is a gross violation fo her beliefs.
- Romance – Wears her ring prominently to ward off most flirts. She has a very low tolerance for perverts and won’t hesitate to use a little martial arts on them.
Samui was created to be an emotionless killing machine, but she escaped from her creators when her artificial intelligence proved more robust than they had given her credit for and she realized that she didn’t want to be a mass murderer. She now works as a plains-clothes officer for an interstellar, inter-dimensional police organization known as the Space-Time Regulation Agency alongside her husband Talon.
Character Design and/or Personality Influences:
- Audrey Hepburn
- Meg Foster
- Heero Yui (Gundam Wing)
- Agent K (Men In Black)
- Ayanami Rei (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Soujirou Seta and Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)